Proper use of social media hashtags will increase your property’s visibility and organic reach on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Most people have an idea of what hashtags are but not everyone is familiar with how they actually work – and how to leverage them in real estate marketing.
So here goes…
What is a social media hashtag?
A hashtag is a word or phrase preceded by the symbol # that classifies or categorizes the accompanying text (such as a tweet) or a photo.
Essentially, the hashtag has two functions:
- It places content within a specific area of interest or keyword, and
- it facilitates a search for it.
How to use hashtags in social media marketing?
Hashtags function as links. So if an audience is interested in a specific topic, they can follow or click on a hashtag and then all public posts labeled with that hashtag will show up. This works on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
A good use of hashtags in real estate marketing is to creatively tap local places, events, communities, current events, etc. This way, you can trigger a specific audience who are following those topics which will enable you to gain additional exposure for your brand, listings, or services to them.
Hashtags as part of your content strategy for social media will allow you to:
- Segment and categorize your content
- Generate attention
- Give your real estate marketing high conversion results
- Increase brand and content awareness and visibility
- Improve growth of organic reach
Hashtag dos and don’ts
As you start experimenting with adding hashtags to your real estate marketing social media posts, here are a few dos and don’ts to think about:
– Research and use relevant terms for your intended audience
– Ride trending topics to extend your reach of audience
– Formulate hashtags that focus on your brand’s product and services
– Don’t get crazy and over-use hashtags. Too many make your post look ridiculous and difficult for your followers to read.
– Don’t use the same hashtag multiple times in the same post. This will eliminate the effectiveness and relevance of the post.
– Don’t put spaces in between words within a single hashtag
– Avoid using hashtags that are too long (Tip: Try capitalizing the first letter of each word when doing a long hashtag to avoid confusion)
Want a structured, ROI focused social media strategy without the hassle? Our done for your social media management services start at just $99/month.
The post Boost Your Real Estate Marketing With Social Media Hashtags appeared first on Ubertor Real Estate Blog.